- 1 pound MADISON BRAND Dry Pinto Beans
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can MADISON BRAND Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (3.5 ounce) can sliced jalapeño peppers
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook bacon, in batches, in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving desired amount of drippings in skillet. (We reserved about 3 Tbsp.) Crumble bacon.
- Sauté onions in hot drippings over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until onions are tender. Add brown sugar and next 4 ingredients. Cover and cook 20 minutes. Combine butter beans, next 3 ingredients, bacon, and onion mixture in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour.